<  Old Guesthouse  ~  What other games are we playing?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:29 am
Ruthless LeaderPosts: 413Location: Fairhope, ALJoined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:49 pm
I play far too many games.... this Christmas saw the addition of:

HeroScape, BattleBall, Cranium, LotR Stratego, and Battleship to our boardgame collections. My wife and I play the gamut of 'German-style' boardgames... Settlers of Catan, Puerto Rico, Elfenland, Medici, Euphrat and Tigris, New England, Barbarossa... I could go on.

I play Magic: the Gathering with extended and casual decks, as I am an old fart who sold all his good cards, so I've got no power and nothing new.

On the PC, I'm playing Temple of Elemental Evil, Arcanum, Insaniquarium, and Warcraft III. I used to play roguelikes, but they sucked out my brain and I stay away from them.

Playstation, I play everything. I'm a huge Street Fighter geek, like Tekken and VF and MK and SC. I like Drving games, from Gran Turismo to Starsky and Hutch, and shooting games, from Point Blank, to Starsky and Hutch :) I also play DDR, able to clear 6-footers, which isn't bad for a 33 year-old white boy with no rhythm. I could keep going on the console front too, but I think you get the idea.

Finally, I play tabletop wargames (Pretty much everything by Games Workshop, but 40K and Tyranids are my true love), and tabletop RPGs (If it was printed in the 80s or early 90s, I played it.)

M.

Last edited by Marshall on Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:37 pm
Played Ad&d off and on for the past 20 years. So hard to find good DMs and fellow players though.

Fave game of all time is Final Fantasy Tactics, been playing that since 1998. I have played through it scores of times, in all kinds of different ways including some pretty difficult ones. I will probably be reincarnated as Ramza Beoulve.

Played D2 from August 2000 til about 2 months ago. At that point my LOD disc finally died on me and I went from passing the time with KoL to playing KoL religiously. However I plan on getting a new LOD cd soon, I need my monster-hacking fix. And those of you who have had a bad online experience with D2 should try http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2 ...it changed my experience with the game completely. You have to go there and play with these people to understand. Oh and incidentally I am a moderator with that guild :)

Currently very addicted to KoL. I will hit the 30's with my AT soon, and of course then I won't be happy til I hit the 40's. Man, I am such a junkie about any kind of gaming.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:25 am
MemberPosts: 150Location: Bumfuckia IowaJoined: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:22 am
KoL sucks up almost all of my time online (well, the talking part does, KoL itself isn't taking very long anymore), however a new love has started taking a tiny bit more time away from KoL every day:

http://www.nationstates.net

I'm Zillaria on there, and a few friends and I made our own region, United of Loathing :D Oy vey, too much time on our hands, and definitely not enough to do. (Edited to add: If you want to join UoL for some reason, it's password-protected. Send a telegram to me in game and I'll give it to ya!)

I used to V:tM Cam LARP, but my storytellers ran a gehenna storyline and the game esploded (last game is Jan 27th, wahhh), and they haven't started the new one yet.

I *heart* board games (online and off) of all sorts, as long as they're not tedious to learn. I am always up to (quickly) learn a new game!

When I'm really bored and no one's talking, I'm playing something on Pogo.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:33 am
Posts: 299Location: Cape Town, South AfricaJoined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:08 am
I'm currently playing Dawn of War, a Warhammer 40K rts game. It's very cool, but pretty short. Terminators are unstoppable, as they should be ;)

Also catching up on some Unreal Tournament 2004 since it is now playable on my new gfx card

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:27 am
Posts: 66Location: New JerseyJoined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:05 am
Currently playing online poker on Empire Poker, playing City of Heroes religiously, and fiddling around with the Matrix Online beta. That's about it.

http://kol.coldfront.net
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:56 pm
Posts: 15Location: Manchester, EnglandJoined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:21 pm
I just managed to jump through the necessary hoops to get Dungeon Keeper working on Windows XP. I'd forgotten how much fun it was being the bad guy...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:57 pm
PC:

Counter-Strike (been playing on and off for 6 years - since I was 8, when it came out)

Desert Combat

C&C Generals

XBox:

Halo 2

Ghost Recon 2

Counter-Strike

PS2:

GTA: Vice City

GTA: San Andreas

Ace Combat 5

My XBox Live tag is markgforce1 if you guys have it

www.geocities.com/kolfooddrive
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Giving out FREE GMA BUFFS starting Wednesday!!!
Offline Profile WWW