[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Warehouse23 • View topic - What other games are we playing?

<  Old Guesthouse  ~  What other games are we playing?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:10 pm
Inhuman ResourcesPosts: 112Location: Yakima, WashingtonJoined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:35 pm
Is anyone playing any other games besides KoL? If so, what?

I just bought Soldner, based almost entirely on pushing and shoving from a friend who works at the Local BestBuy. He really loves it and wanted someone local to play it with. It seems ok so far, fairly free form, but not very pretty.

Everyone else around here seems to be playing City of Heros.. but I'm not into that thing so I'm safe.. for now.

So what do you play?

Offline Profile WWW ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:22 am
Safety InspectorPosts: 415Location: Boston, MA (US)Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:28 am
I used to play Diablo 2. Like 4 months ago. It is overrun with immature 12 year olds, though, and I am *SO* much happier playing KoL. Here, we still have 12 year olds, but they tend to be so much more mature. :)

Also, having a player base that has a nice age spread is a really great dynamic, in my opinion. Not like 80% 16-year-olds and whatnot. Oh, and significant numbers of women that play (vs. the male-dominated realm of a lot of online games). KoL has it all!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:39 am
Ruthless LeaderPosts: 163Location: Warehouse 23Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:00 pm
Right now, I'm only embroiled on KoL. Fortunately, it's keeping me very, very entertained, (particularly since the events that led to the creation of this BBS: I really hope this place takes off).

As for past interests:

I love a variety of tabletop RPGs: I've both run and played things like D&D, HERO, Gamma World, and the like. I miss having a weekly game.

In terms of computer games, I've mostly only cared about the ones with compelling stories: user created Neverwinter Nights content (Stefan Gagne is the best), Planescape: Torment, Fallout 2...that sort of thing.

I also play old ROMs and Mahjongg, if my hands just need something to do while I'm thinking. My laptop has been used for more than one game of Streets of Rage. :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:51 am
Safety InspectorPosts: 415Location: Boston, MA (US)Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:28 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:13 am
Posts: 158Location: Yakima, WAJoined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:35 am
You know Shadowrun is the bestest.

Oh, and as for non-KoL online games...

<--- Guess

Offline Profile ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:57 pm
Games... I was a Diablo 2 junkie for about a year then I completely lost interest all at once. Though I still keep my characters refreshed so they won't be deleted.
I mostly like RPG's of varying styles. There was a time when if there was a RPG available for any console system, I not only had played it, but probably owned a copy. Then the quality of them started dropping like a ton of bricks, and I stopped caring. I still hold true to any Final Fantasy title though I'm torn as to invest in FFXI, as I was completely and utterly addicted to Ultima Online at one point and am afraid to get that involved in a MMORPG video game again. Playing that game on a dial up connection was the most frustrating experience imaginable.
The whole time I have also been an avid Magic: The Gathering player. I've been playing for the better part of the last 4 years. That is how I know just about all of my friends is because of that game. I am slowly becoming frustrated with the game because of certain people who only have fun playing the game if they are making someone else not have fun.
I am also a fan of tabletop RPGs like D&D... I have played Shadowrun, Vampire and Traveler, but not long enough to get into any of them. About 5 years ago I played Dragonlance with a group of ex-friends and had a lot of fun doing that, when that stopped I couldn't find a group to play in, and have finally joined another game of D&D 3.5, and so far it seems pretty fun.

And Planescape: Torment was awesome...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:04 am
Citibank JesusPosts: 173Location: BostonJoined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:19 am
A group of my friends have been pushing for a Diablo II renaiassance, and I got suckered into it, so now I'm all bowazon again, and recalling why I hate this game. Well, love/hate relationship with it.

I'm theoretically supposed to be playing a D&D 3.0 campaign right now, except everything's gone all to heck between job scheduling and um... personality conflicts. Isn't gaming fun?

I admit that due to these factors, the game I play most often (other than KoL) is spider solitaire. That or freecell ;)

But hey, if you're going to be an utter dweeb, you may as well be good at it, right?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:00 am
All hail to my best time of 84 seconds on expert Minesweeper!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:02 pm
Posts: 65Location: MontrealJoined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:39 pm
Just about the only RPGs I play other than KoL have the word "Fallout" in the title. At present I'm enjoying yet another new game of FO2, incomplete quests and all. :\

Other games I've been playing recently:
- MVP Baseball 2004
- Civilization II/III
- Chip's Challenge
- Metal Gear Solid, MGS2, VR Missions (trying to tide myself over for 3)
- Fallout Tactics
- Black & White (now and then)
- Flashback
- NHL '94
- MechWarrior: Vengeance
- Vagrant Story

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:49 pm
Posts: 3Location: Pacifica, CAJoined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:17 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:16 pm
Posts: 871Location: Richmond, VAJoined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:34 am