[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Warehouse23 • View topic - Yay New Food! HELLO SPOILERS!

<  Old Guesthouse  ~  Yay New Food! HELLO SPOILERS!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:08 am
Citibank JesusPosts: 173Location: BostonJoined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:19 am
If you didn't want to know you wouldn't be reading this. ;P

There are precisely fifteen new cooked items available:
Asparagus stir fry
Spooky stir fry
Knob stir fry
Knoll stir fry
Olive stir fry (can I get a "YUCK"?)
Tofu stir fry
Rat Appendix stir fry (can I get *another* "YUCK!"?)
Sausage stir fry
Bat Wing stir fry (Uh. Yeah. Another. Eeeugh.)
Pr0n stir fry
Tofu chow mein
Pr0n chow mein
Sausage chow mein
Rat appendix chow mein
Bat wing chow mein

The hardest part of working out these recipes was figuring out that the secret blend of herbs and spices cooked with various vegetative matter made "stir fry." Once that part was worked out and it was observed that they were still cookable, it took a leap of logic to get to the secondary stir fries. I had a bit of help in the form of Xenophobe and some random dude in /trade who said, "y'know, Jick doesn't seem to like Chinese food very much." From that point I raced off to try catgut and cat appendix, and it wasn't a far leap to rat appendix. Ew. Ew ew ew.

Anyhow.
Herbs + Spices = Secret Blend of Herbs and Spices
SBoHaS + asparagus = asparagus stir fry
SBoHaS + knoll mushroom = Knoll stir fry
SBoHaS + Knob mushroom = Knob stir fry
SBoHaS + Spooky mushroom = spooky stir fry
SBoHaS + olive = olive stir fry
asparagus stir fry + wad of tofu = tofu stir fry
Knoll stir fry + bat wing = bat wing stir fry
Knob mushroom + Knob sausage = sausage stir fry
spooky mushroom + rat appendix = rat appendix stir fry
olive stir fry + pr0n legs = pr0n stir fry

The last five will combine with dry noodles (by a pastamancer only, of course) to make various chow meins titled exactly the same way. Primary chow meins don't do that, though.

I haven't completed fullness testing and the like for these, but data so far says:
pr0n and tofu stir fries are not as good, but give less fullness and give lower stats, but split into two stat groups. Except tofu seems to double up on myst even though it's in two bits, which makes no sense. *Shrug*

pr0n chow mein:
21 Adv, 23 Musc, 22 Mox
19 Adv, 22 Musc, 24 Mox
18 Adv, 23 Musc, 20 Mox

tofu chow mein:
15 Adv, 21 Myst, 24 Myst (odd, yes.)
13 Adv, 22 Myst, 20 Myst
17 Adv, 19 Myst, 22 Myst

bat wing chow mein:
22 Adv, 70 Musc
27 Adv, 75 Musc

Knob sausage chow mein:
21 Adv, 74 Myst
26 Adv, 74 Myst

rat appendix chow mein:
25 Adv, 70 Mox
23 Adv, 74 Mox

As for now, that's all she wrote. Still looking for fullness details. We know that the one stat ones - sausage, appendix, bat wing, are all more filling than the tofu and pr0n options. They at least average out to 5, and looking at the similar stats, I think they're probably all five. The pr0n and tofu are probably 4 and 3 fullness, respectively, but again, we're not sure yet. We'll get more info as time goes on. :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:29 am
Human ResourcesPosts: 34Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:11 am
Good info.

Now we wait for Jick to introduce dog meats into the game. Blech!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:14 pm
Posts: 6Location: Milpitas, CAJoined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:05 am
ok, I didn't quite understand those cooking instructions, sorry, how do you make the Knob Sausage Chow Mein?

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:12 am
Citibank JesusPosts: 173Location: BostonJoined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:19 am
1) Cook herbs with spices to get secret blend of herbs and spices.
2) Cook knob mushroom with secret blend of herbs and spices to get knob stir fry.
3) Cook knob stir fry with knob sausage to get sausage stir fry.
4) Cook sausage stir fry with dry noodles to get sausage chow mein. You need to be a pastamancer for this step.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:17 am
Gulbenkian RecidivistPosts: 508Location: Shillong, IndiaJoined: Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:26 am

Offline Profile WWW YIM