[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Warehouse23 • View topic - How did you hear about KoL?

<  Old Guesthouse  ~  How did you hear about KoL?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:43 am
Ruthless LeaderPosts: 163Location: Warehouse 23Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:00 pm
Since I've been playing KoL, the population has more than tripled. I'm curious how the word got out to all of you. Well, except for you guys that I brought in, of course. :)

For me, there was a post on about KoL, and I just couldn't resist putting together a Disco Bandit when I read the class descriptions. I love the word Moxie.

How about you guys?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:56 am
Safety InspectorPosts: 415Location: Boston, MA (US)Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:28 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:44 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:52 am
Citibank JesusPosts: 173Location: BostonJoined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:19 am

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:35 am
Safety InspectorPosts: 415Location: Boston, MA (US)Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:28 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:18 am
Citibank JesusPosts: 173Location: BostonJoined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:19 am
It's Lore and some of his friends, including the much missed Chris Livingston of Not My Desk, if anyone has a clue what that is. They basically rate and discuss a lot of games of all types. Great resource if you're just dead bored.

And for the sake of completeness, Lore's other websites:
, and

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:19 am
Tim

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:43 am
I was on the message board to which I subscribe (DaP, better (and longer) known as Death-and-Pineapples) when someone mentioned it. Since they're a fun geeky group of folk, I decided to give it a look. And then I got hooked like a trout :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:27 pm
Posts: 185Location: Everywhere, always.Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:21 am
I too was tricked into all of this by Little Fluffy Industries. Back when I was but a wee impressionable teenaged girl, I somehow stumbled across the Dysfunctional Family Circus at spinnwebe, and became a regular reader of SpinnWebe, Brunching Shuttlecocks, Not My Desk and all of the other wonderful sites run by their denizens. If those weren't bad enough to ruin any productivity I ever had at work (now that I'm a Grown Up), I stumbled across KoL that way and have been a worthless employee ever since!

Oh, and also, hello everyone. :)

Offline Profile ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:30 pm
PlutocratPosts: 994Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:25 pm
Who are you, guest, such that you know the Death and Pineapples crowd? Message me, please do.

Also, I was told about this game as being cracklike by friends.

They were right.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:15 am
Posts: 67Location: Michigan, USAJoined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:38 am
I, too, am a member of the contingent brought here through the agency of Little Fluffy Industries.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:55 pm
i was in an internet cafe in korea and my friend sent it to me. Seeing as there's almost nothing to do in korea except be sweaty or look at the grey, grey sky, i was hooked.

i picked accordion thief because i'm a huge band nerd who loves music. That's a really crappy reason, i know, and now i kind of wish i had been a disco bandit or a sauceror. gyah. Well, there's always multis, right? heh.

"'For you I bleed myself dry,' sang their blockhead vocalist, brilliantly informing us that the stars in the sky are, in fact, yellow." -Chuck Klosterman on Coldplay
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:58 pm
Posts: 871Location: Richmond, VAJoined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:34 am

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:02 am
oooh.. that would be really awesome! i think i'll stick with what i've got, though.. accordion thief is good enough for me.

"'For you I bleed myself dry,' sang their blockhead vocalist, brilliantly informing us that the stars in the sky are, in fact, yellow." -Chuck Klosterman on Coldplay
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:18 am
Posts: 63Location: Cincinnati, OHJoined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:16 am

Offline Profile