[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Warehouse23 • View topic - Ascension. The BIG question...

<  Old Guesthouse  ~  Ascension. The BIG question...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:44 am
Safety InspectorPosts: 415Location: Boston, MA (US)Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:28 am
Hey there! I am totally psyched for Jick and Skully to finish the Beta and put in the ability to defeat the Naughty Sorceress and Ascend... But until they do, I'm happy to speculate wildly about what it will entail. Please help fan my flames of curiousity...

My Assumptions/Wild Guesses/Ideas about Requirements to Ascend:
Need to be level 15 to Ascend (Likely)
Need to complete all other quests (Possible)
Need most/all familiars (?)
Need most/all tattoos (?)
Need to have all stats above a certain threshold level (Maybe)
Need to have all stats above 200? (This would be *painful*)

Things I think will be wiped when a character Ascends:
Campround (but not closet, nor meat)
Familiars (except 1, which probably will not lose poundage)
Current buffs (why would they stay?)
Tattoos (No idea... Probably not, since I think you get a tattoo for completing it...)

My observations on minimum requirements to complete Lair thus far:
60 Muscle or Moxie is required (to equip a Star Weapon)
85 Mysticality is required (to wear Star Buckler)
Are there any others (besides all the items you need, obviously...)?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:40 am

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:43 am
Citibank JesusPosts: 173Location: BostonJoined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:19 am

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:40 am
Safety InspectorPosts: 415Location: Boston, MA (US)Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:28 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:08 am
My thoughts on ascention will be that one may ascend as soon as one can complete the lair, however, who knows what Jick will make the final battle be about, im guessing it will be more about good fighting rather than items usage , or maybe even a combination. I'm looking foward to bringing skills with me to other classes but im worried about being able to bring conjuring noodles back to a pasta, if ill get to conjure 6 or what the whole deal with that will be. In my opinion bringing a familiar will lose poundage, as a 20 pound volleyball as level 1 will be way too easy to gain quick levels; i think the point of bringing one with you is not having to waste some adventures to get one you need, or to bring the pickle once you unlock the factory. I also think i remember hearing 3 new areas will be opened, but im not sure if that is going to be 3 ascentions or just 1, or if we have to pick that over a shirt or a new familiar or whatever. I have other speculations but they arent all the way thought through, so ill wait on posting them :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:42 pm

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:08 pm
I'd love it if we got to keep one ability from the old class. I'm probably going to pick Sauceror as my next class, and I'd love to keep my Pastamancer cooking abilities. It's kind of annoying to have to keep shipping out stuff to get sauces.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:21 pm
Citibank JesusPosts: 173Location: BostonJoined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:19 am
The interesting thing about the keeping abilities... I think most of us will opt for the same ones, and on the whole it'll lead to a lot less need for cooperation, which could be sort of depressing... but there will have to be at least one decent-sized skew. You can either a) opt to have a 35 lb familiar, or b) opt to have a good deal more MP than usual.

Why this limitation? You can't take an inherent of just *being* a myst class elsewhere, and they get more MP per myst stat than other classes. If you combine that with the Turtle Tamer's Wisdom of the Elder Tortoises, you should end up with a pretty rocking set of MP. These people will be the best buffers. Guess which route I'm considering? ;)

I already know there'll be eight million people who end up as a Tamer for the familiar. Bah on that, diversity is fun. We'll split the kingdom into *two* classes in total! Yeah! :P

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:25 pm
What I'm wondering, if we get to take skills from other classes with us, is if we'll be able to ascend into the same class we already are. I mean i know i want 3 or 4 things from pasta, and I know 3 things i want from sauce. It will take away a lot of the cooperation and bufifing will we rarely needed. It may be depressing, you're right :( . I hope, however, that things bought at guild shops doesn't ascend with us, otherwise people will madly stock up on mystery juice and make me unhappy.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:22 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:30 pm

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:25 am
PlutocratPosts: 994Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:25 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:29 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:28 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:06 am
PlutocratPosts: 994Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:25 pm

Offline Profile