[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Warehouse23 • View topic - What's your handle mean?

<  Old Guesthouse  ~  What's your handle mean?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:58 am
Ruthless LeaderPosts: 163Location: Warehouse 23Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:00 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:15 am
Well, I generally don't tell what Nathan Essex is from (as it is not my name). Those who know me, probably know what it's from.
But my other commonly used handle Auran Reign, that I'd be happy to share. When I first got out of high school, about 7 years ago now, I was writing a story that I had dreams of either novelizing or converting to a video RPG. The lead character for the story was named Auran Reign. How I came up with the name: I was sitting at my dad's desk on his computer (the only one internet capable in the household at the time) looking around at various objects for words that I could butcher and make names from. I came across an old game that we never quite got to work called Dark Reign. I liked Reign as a last name, but still needed a first name. I flipped the jewel case over and saw that the game was made by a company called Auran Vision. And walla, a hero was born!
I was a bit agravated a couple of years later when Final Fantasy X came out and had a star character named Auron... my hero's name wouldn't be considered by console RPG fans as an original name anymore =(

I really need to get that story kindled again, I had a lot of fun writing it. I've just been so dry on inspiration for so long...

Aw screw it, Nathan Essex is the real name of the X-men villain Mr. Sinister.
And my avatar is Senyaka, a villain from the Acolytes group led by Magneto (though when he was with them they were led by Exodus and Magneto was like an idol that they worshiped).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:21 am
Posts: 65Location: MontrealJoined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:39 pm
Spider Jerusalem is the cyberpunk comic book version of Hunter S. Thompson, created by Warren Ellis. He stars in the series Transmetropolitan, which you ought to read even if you don't like comics.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:30 am
Posts: 871Location: Richmond, VAJoined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:34 am
for all the different varients of me:

Arachnae: I went to the University of Richmond. Mascott, the Spiders.
Babayaga: Witch in old Russian fairy tales. Kinda cool. Lives in a house that's on giant chicken legs that walks around. :)
Bach: Well, AT's are pretty well bards, so I thought a musical name would work.
Fixerup: Name of my cleric on EQOA, as well as my cleric in RL D&D. I just liked the name.
Hotpasta: The name that my family gave to Rigatoni Alla Vodka, which is my signature dish. Very yummy.
Jofin: What my 2 year old niece calls my fiancee (she can't manage the 'th' sound very well). This was originally his caracter, but he didn't play it, so I just absorbed it.

A multi is me!

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:45 am
My other ride is Matt's MomPosts: 398Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:27 am
Borax The Clean.....

Where to begin? Usually all other internet-related boards or games I sign in as t0onces. Everyone knows and loves Toonces the Driving Cat from the good-old SNL days! Anyways, I started playing KoL with t0onces but soon delved into the shady world of using multis. I honestly don't know where I came up with Borax The Clean, other than just throwing some words together. It seems to have worked, as I've dropped away from using t0onces as much and have really worked on Borax.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:38 am
Inhuman ResourcesPosts: 112Location: Yakima, WashingtonJoined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:35 pm
"Please to be shutting your curry hole."

I first heard that on Sealab 2021. I didn't want to use my usual handles on KoL when I first signed up, so it seemed as good as anything. If I get a chance I'll probably switch to my more common handle of MarSh or Marshed.

Offline Profile WWW ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:17 pm
Mine is pretty simple, back in the day, way back in the day, I was trying to think of a ID for quake 1 team fortress. Anyway i just thought of this one because i was using the name editor and it looked really sweet with the As being bigger than the rest and being orange unlike the others that were white. Its also a play on havoc, duh. Apparently its also a comic book vilain from SOMEWHERE so i constantly get people trying to buy it off me in yahoo! and aim and stuff, and its annoying as hell. Oh well, thats my story.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:48 pm
Ruthless LeaderPosts: 413Location: Fairhope, ALJoined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:49 pm

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:05 pm
Human ResourcesPosts: 34Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:11 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:41 pm
C.F.O.Posts: 20Location: PortlandiaJoined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:30 pm

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:38 pm
Posts: 158Location: Yakima, WAJoined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:35 am
Can't says as using your real name's all that bad, since Moth is short for Timothy...

Offline Profile ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:20 am
i got 'elarrina' from the first book within a series of books, proly most of you have heard of the series. i changed teh spelling a little bit because i was afraid that in some games that i played my name would be banned for using a copyrighted name. my name is actually only mentioned on one page within the book LOL

well, i have used this alias for some time now and i have only had one person comment on my name and evan guess as to where i got the name from :D that person i met in KOL

btw, i pronounce it to rhyme with ballerina

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:17 pm
Posts: 67Location: Michigan, USAJoined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:38 am

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:04 am
Posts: 6Location: Milpitas, CAJoined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:05 am
Well, mine doesn't exactly MEAN anything but:

Retch The Grate is a homonym for Wretch The Great which is a bit of an oxymoron. So just silly wordgamery that I came up with when needing a name for games on my Apple IIc. About 20 years ago. Wow. :)

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:47 pm
i figured this was a good place to introduce myself.. Hi, i'm jess. i'm also asian, and my american name, jessica, always gets mispronounced to "jeshica", shortened to "jeshi".. and ah is just the part that gets added to the end of my name. Whoo. Special. *waves flags*

i realized that just made me sound like a major fob. i live in san francisco.

i like the moth thing from timothy, though. i once tried to shorten my name several different ways (i.e. essi. that one sucked.) and only ended up with this. ah well. i tried ;)

"'For you I bleed myself dry,' sang their blockhead vocalist, brilliantly informing us that the stars in the sky are, in fact, yellow." -Chuck Klosterman on Coldplay
Offline Profile WWW