<  Old Guesthouse  ~  Interest in joining warehouse 23

Would you like me to be a part with you ?

Yes
27%
[ 7 ] 27%

No
73%
[ 19 ] 73%

Total votes : 26
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:46 pm
JoePancake wrote:
shakai86: "as much as we would all love to join warehouse 23 clan, we know we can't, it's for the 1337 of the 1337...so we're not getting in...besides, kol university is so much easier to get into...it's almost the same...and warehouse 23 doesn't want any new members..."

Ehhh. work your way up, bud. Keep contributing to the clan - helping. :3

I'm getting a kick out of mall-farming stuff for ppl who're collectors and donating most of the funds to clan (and to ye olde meat sink shrines) XD

Funny to see that I've surpassed the 'Clan leader in level. But ... I'll work on it. :3

...always thought that was pretty weird that demon was smaller than you...but i thought...you were one of the great contributor d00dZ0rZ...... :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:59 pm
Posts: 9Location: Commonwealth of PJoined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:47 pm
Hotpasta wrote:
Laissez-moi mettre ceci dans une manière que vous pourriez comprendre alors. Nous n'acceptons pas de nouveaux demandeurs. Nous n'acceptons pas des personnes juste parce qu'ils veulent se joindre. Nous acceptons des personnes parce que nous aimons le temps de dépense avec elles. Généralement, elles apportent également de bonnes contributions au jeu. Nous n'acceptons pas des personnes parce que le prier et ne parlons pas en faveur.

(PS - thank god for the babel fish)

Babelfish ain't quite perfect. The language here is generally better than snovak's posts. However, a French person without a good command of English would be a bit puzzled by this message. Please note that idiomatic expressions ("spending time") do not translate well because Babelfish goes for literal word-for-word meaning. So the phrase about accepting people because you like to spend time with them comes out something like "We accept persons because we like the time of expenditure with them."

That said, I don't want my first post to be negative in tone, so I'll say that the way you treated snovak's sloppy English and unjustified request was firm but fair. All things considered, I find the quality of the posts here very good. Informative, generally well written and balanced. So thanks for helping to augment this player's experience of KoL.

DeeBee

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:04 pm
PlutocratPosts: 994Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:25 pm
It's still a damn sight better than I can do. "Voulez-vous coucher speak French?"

See. Told you it was bad.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:15 pm
Posts: 9Location: Commonwealth of PJoined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:47 pm
Fusilliban wrote:
It's still a damn sight better than I can do. "Voulez-vous coucher speak French?"

See. Told you it was bad.

You funny! [translated to the French: "Vous drôle"]

Best,

DeeBee, Disco Bandit

Offline Profile