<  Old Guesthouse  ~  What makes a clan a good clan?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:35 am
Posts: 66Location: New JerseyJoined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:05 am
Hotpasta wrote:
Why must Pasta always be wet for this stuff? Couldn't I do the same thing with OUT being thrown in water first?

Sterilization. You wouldn't want to be decapitated by a dirty, dry noodle, would you?

http://kol.coldfront.net
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:55 am
Posts: 714Location: Inside the beltwayJoined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:18 pm
Blythe wrote:
This portion of this post violates Section 207.5b of Warehouse 23 policies and has therefore been removed from the public record. Further violations could result in fines, jail time, or decapitation via wet pasta. Message code 123.11.52.84
Hotpasta wrote:
Why must Pasta always be wet for this stuff? Couldn't I do the same thing with OUT being thrown in water first?

Now where would the fun be in that?!? And besides... I'm dissapointed in any case that it took you a week to notice that you'd been dunked. :P

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:38 pm
Posts: 871Location: Richmond, VAJoined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:34 am
Blythe wrote:
Now where would the fun be in that?!? And besides... I'm dissapointed in any case that it took you a week to notice that you'd been dunked. :P

I noticed, I'd even thought I'd replied....

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:58 pm
Posts: 185Location: Everywhere, always.Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:21 am
Marshall wrote:
Well, Warehouse 23 has undergone some interesting changes, where we are no longer just a group of folks that all know each other. Rather than being a clan where the focus is on one finite thing (Iocaine Powder), we cover a large variety of skills, and therefore could be seen almost like several 'mini clans'. We've got the social folks
Skop wrote:
They got a sweet deal :P

Do you think it's EASY to fill a channel with innuendo and conversation all day? Do you think it's FUN being nice to people? *sob* My god... Nobody EVER understands what we go through! Harumph!

Now if you need me, I'll be in my TRAILER!

Offline Profile ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:39 pm
Posts: 714Location: Inside the beltwayJoined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:18 pm
Oh gawd, now look what you've done. Last time, it took a case of Ben & Jerry's, 11 visits from her personal therapist/masseuse, and a call from Miss Cleo to convince her to come out. :roll:

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:12 pm
Posts: 185Location: Everywhere, always.Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:21 am
In all seriousness, socializers *do* actually provide a useful service, in their own way. They're *fun*. Like Fus said, what makes a good clan is the people in them, and hearts are necessary to a clan's...I don't know. Personality isn't the right word, but it's the first one that comes to mind. (Thank you, Chuck Palahniuk.)
Like in the larger scale in a game, if a clan doesn't have the social folk, it's not going to be fun. It's going to start feeling like *work*. Games are supposed to be fun, and especially in a game like KoL where actual gameplay gets old fast, you need fun people to keep it interesting... or a constant supply of new people. Without that social happy funtime element to steer everyone off whatever topic they're on, and those long, heartfelt conversations about Fusilliban in a skirt, well... it certainly wouldn't be a place I'd want to be. (Fus' skirt, however, remains a place that I would very much like to be--because let's face it, every guy is hot cross-dressed.) And sometimes, let's face it--I don't give a rat's ass about breaking the new zone in the game. Sometimes I just really, really want to know what Sandry's making for dinner, y'know? Just my two meat...which is in all likelihood *not* what Sandry's making for dinner.

(Of course, after all the fun's been had and the shame gravy jokes have been made, you do have to get a new clan so you can reuse your old material... but that's another subject altogether.)

Offline Profile ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:02 am
sylph wrote:
In all seriousness, socializers *do* actually provide a useful service, in their own way. They're *fun*. Like Fus said, what makes a good clan is the people in them, and hearts are necessary to a clan's...I don't know. Personality isn't the right word, but it's the first one that comes to mind. (Thank you, Chuck Palahniuk.)

Glue.

Offline Profile