<  Old Guesthouse  ~  Stats vs Max Basement level

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:30 am
Posts: 299Location: Cape Town, South AfricaJoined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:08 am
I'm looking to compile a graph of stats needed vs basement depth (for the non-combat encounters). So, what I would like everyone to do is to post whenever they get stuck in the basement. The information I would like is the following:
The unsuccessful level
What stat the test was for
What your current stat value was (obviously buffed)

From that I'm hoping I can extrapolate a rough graph/formula for the basement level tests. It will hopefully let everyone get as deep as they can in the basement without wasting too many adventures. None of the stats posted will leave this forum, obviously.

Thanks a lot guys =)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:04 am
Posts: 714Location: Inside the beltwayJoined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:18 pm
Next run, I'll try to snag some data points. I'd think that the stat challenges that provide the rough stat amounts needed (the 3,197 pound sleeping baby, etc.) could also give some approximate data points as well, so I'll pass those on as well, and indicate they came from the adventure description.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:56 am
Does anyone have Arbitrage's info? I know she could figure out if you could pass a given level or not.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:54 pm
Posts: 714Location: Inside the beltwayJoined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:18 pm
Here's at least a few data points:

Floor: Stat test "hint" - Stat tested
507: 6125 lb mallet - Muscle
509: 6159 mops - Myst
516: 6278 lb mallet - Muscle
519: 6329 lb mallet - Muscle
522: 6580 lb baby - Moxie

As I only had about 6350ish moxie (my buffs ran out when I lost the challenge, so I couldn't jot it down), I lost the final Moxie.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:26 pm
Gulbenkian RecidivistPosts: 508Location: Shillong, IndiaJoined: Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:26 am
*sigh*
Fujiko wrote:
Does anyone have Arbitrage's info? I know she could figure out if you could pass a given level or not.

I miss Arbitrage a lot. :(

Here's a method for estimating how deep you can delve.
  1. Buff your stats as high as possible or use my Buff Calculator to simulate it.
  2. Plug each of your buffed stats into this formula: (buffedstat)^(1/1.4) to obtain the lowest basement level for which you can clear the stat check.
    This is an approximation. The factor 1.4 was obtained empirically by Arbitrage.
  3. The least of the three numbers obtained above, will be the lowest level you can reach with your current stats.

Quote:
For example:
Assuming Blythe's stats are:
Mus: 9867(494)
Mys: 7298(525)
Mox: 7027(1093)

After plugging those buffed numbers in, his limits would be:
Mus: (9867)^(1/1.4) = level 713
Mys: (7298)^(1/1.4) = level 575
Mox: (7027)^(1/1.4) = level 559

Therefore max depth would be approximately level 559.

Note:
  1. On an expedition as you delve deeper you will gain stats, slightly increasing your maximum depth. When given a stat choice you should prefer the choice that increases your highest base stat.
  2. To optimise depth, you must attend to the order in which you use certain finite buffs, such as clan buffs or goofballs.
  3. In general, use intrinsics first, then layer on equalising potions, potion buffs followed by clan buffs and finally goofballs.
  4. Buffed Moxie will always limit the depth to which you can delve. Until the introduction of the Papotion of Papower, Buffed Myst used to be the limiting stat. Might I suggest that Jick introduce a new Moxie potion? e.g. la Fée Absinthe = Giant Moxie Weed + scrumptious reagent, Effect: On wings of a Fairy (+25% Moxie).

Offline Profile WWW YIM