<  Old Guesthouse  ~  Initial PvP ranking

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:01 pm
Gulbenkian RecidivistPosts: 508Location: Shillong, IndiaJoined: Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:26 am
I reconstructed my stone
Quote:
You carefully reconstruct your Magical Mystical Hippy Stone.

and then shattered it again today...
Quote:
Ranking: 290
Fights Won: 0
Fights Lost: 0

I fear Jick may have overcompensated when he corrected the initial ranking. I was buffed as much as possible. Assuming that he adjusted the factor corrctly, I was expecting to debut somewhere among the leaders on the board.

Quote:
Mus: 14682 (662)
Mys: 11252 (896)
Mox: 10791 (1854)

-,--,-

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:11 pm
*comforts Wormwood's poor, shattered ego*

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:14 pm
Would that be an appropriate score for your base stats? He may have changed it to disregard buffs in initial ranking.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:27 pm
Posts: 218Location: Cape Town, South Africa (where God smoked a doobie on the eigth day)Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:35 am
Greetings

[mode="Keanu" movie="Matrix"]Woah[/mode]

Yeah... that's just not right...

When I resmashed my stone, I was in goofball withdrawl, Beaten up and had the furry suit on. My stats were:

Musc : 7 (1200)
Myst : 1 (1000)
Moxie :1 (950)

And, as I understand it... Jick "fixed" that exploit...

If Boozerbear smashes his stone and only gets a ranking of between 300-400, the masses (especially IP) will be claiming Jick changed the rules so that Boozer would not be targetted by IP. They will claim that all the adventure and meat changes changing at rollover were done SPECIFICALLY so Boozer would not be attacked by IP. I don;t think W23 needs that kind of bad publicity at this point in time.

I have already been contacted by Eponymous who demanded to know when Boozer was going to break his hippy stone... in his words "Bring us the Bear".

I'll be breaking the stone of my retired PvP multi... It will be interesting to see where he lands up.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:41 pm
Posts: 218Location: Cape Town, South Africa (where God smoked a doobie on the eigth day)Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:35 am
Greetings

Riff wrote:
Would that be an appropriate score for your base stats? He may have changed it to disregard buffs in initial ranking.

At a combined power of 3412 and being level 44, you would expect to have a ranking over 900 - 1000. Being ranked 290 means that you are surrounded by level 14-18 players who have no chance against you.

Hell, for the last week or so I have not been buffing myself at all (and ever since I started my Myst based ascension run I have been without my baio), and I have not yet been beaten, even when I go on the attack. If I actually took the time and effort to take a potion of temporary gr8tness, I'd be unbeatable.

So far, I have only attacked asshats, scammers and people in questionablely named clans (Anything with Nazi, Hitler, Fag, Nigger, etc in the title in a derogatory way), or with similarly named characters (there is nothing more satisfying then hitting a character with the name "HitlerIsCool" with the win message "The Zionist Conspiracy thanks you for your stat donation"). And i have been sending the people that a ttack me a link to my forum post on doing research on a target before blindly attacking.

But, in the hands of an asshat, this change could cause a lot of harm. Imagine if I was attacking all and sundry 50 ranks below me? I would be racking up the stat gains, and only slowly creeping upwards, 1 rank point at a time... and only jumping up when others attacked me. And the moment I get too high (say around rank 700) I just wait two weeks and rebreak my stone and I am back at rank 290.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:42 pm
Gulbenkian RecidivistPosts: 508Location: Shillong, IndiaJoined: Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:26 am
We need more data points. I've asked Epo & sealh8r to send me what they can get. Umm Kindly do not tell people like Firestorm Zero and Quato about this. They will certainly take advantage of it. I'd hate to see the bitching start again on the general forums.
-,--,-

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:20 am
Inhuman ResourcesPosts: 388Location: The MonasteryJoined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:18 pm
so, what you're saying is that when i break my stone, i'll be ranked with a bunch of L25's that will be total pushovers, while the guys ranked 800+ aren't going to be able to touch me? that hardly seems fair at all.. I could buff up, break the stone, push over a couple l25's for thier toast and then just sit there shrugging off attacks that have no chance of winning until i mend my stone again.. |:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:48 am
Boozerbear wrote:
I could buff up, break the stone, push over a couple l25's for thier toast

I don't know what you've done to them, it appears they have it in for you Boozer. :D

Quote:
From eponymous (#64573) [reply] [quoted]
Date: Friday, January 28, 12:24AM
erm, yea, I may know a few. let me check.

you guys preping to unleash the boozer?

Date: Friday, January 28, 12:27AM

high does not = toast trophy.

?

Date: Friday, January 28, 12:32AM
heh.

without dropping outta your clan he may sturggle.

the leaderboard have closeted their toast and put him on their /baleet list so he can't send any.

IP, still the kings of PvP.

=P

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:19 am
I'm a little concerned by the prediction/threat that Boozer will sturggle. I don't even know what that is, but it certainly sounds ominous. It sounds like it may be a combination of a sturgeon and a huggle, and no good can come of that.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:14 am
Posts: 871Location: Richmond, VAJoined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:34 am
Christ boozer, if you want the toast trophy so bad, I'll break stone and let you hit ME for it. :)

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:50 am
Posts: 299Location: Cape Town, South AfricaJoined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:08 am
Hotpasta wrote:
Christ boozer, if you want the toast trophy so bad, I'll break stone and let you hit ME for it. :)

I think there would be quite a long line of people all prepared to do that, for pretty much anyone, in w23 or LD =)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:53 am
Posts: 714Location: Inside the beltwayJoined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:18 pm
I'm actually surprised that there's not a W23 multi specifically made for toast trophy attainment. Although I guess most people got that trophy back when it first appeared, so now it's a matter of the stragglers that avoided PvP because of "permanent" stones.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:39 am
Blythe wrote:
I'm actually surprised that there's not a W23 multi specifically made for toast trophy attainment. Although I guess most people got that trophy back when it first appeared, so now it's a matter of the stragglers that avoided PvP because of "permanent" stones.
AliceCat organized a wonderful and huge movement for this when it came out.

http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/vie ... hp?t=10582

To do it with multis only would require more chars to hit them the right way to keep them at rankings for everyone. And they'd be abused for stats. (I think, nearly everyone knows PvP better than I do.)

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:53 am
I'm assuming that Jick's fix is right but that everyone else has an inflated score.

Ascension may fix it, mostly.

Edit: Now the shore hits are nerfed neither IP nor anyone else (except The Bub) will be able to hit Boozer in any case.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:19 am
Posts: 714Location: Inside the beltwayJoined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:18 pm
Fnord7 wrote:
AliceCat organized a wonderful and huge movement for this when it came out.

http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/vie ... hp?t=10582

To do it with multis only would require more chars to hit them the right way to keep them at rankings for everyone. And they'd be abused for stats. (I think, nearly everyone knows PvP better than I do.)

I actually remember when that was made - I absolutely loved how people were working together for that. It showed a neat side of KoL's community spirit.

I know I had a heck of a time getting toast, until I got really lucky and snuck past one person's meat golem. Otherwise, a ton of people had full campgrounds, so I kept receiving flowers instead.

And, yeah, you're right about the stat abuse leading to multi abuse. *sigh*

Offline Profile WWW