[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Warehouse23 • View topic - The Warehouse 23 Gatekeeper Bot

<  Old Guesthouse  ~  The Warehouse 23 Gatekeeper Bot

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:39 pm
PlutocratPosts: 994Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:25 pm
The Warehouse 23 Gatekeeper Bot

The bot is designed to allow clan members to re-enter a clan when they've left (to buy buffs/stats, or just to socialize) without requiring them to have a friend or multi with accept power waiting in the wings. You have to apply to the clan, it resets karma to starting value (as always happens when you leave a clan and rejoin), and you have to trust Warehouse 23 (specifically, me) - and provide us with a player name and password that's in your clan and has the power to accept members and change rank/title, so the bot can log in and do its dirty work.

It works as follows.

Commands:
/msg warehouse23 admit

...should do fine for most people. This will accept an application you have put in to your home clan. You must have already applied to the clan. (Everyone forgets this. Seriously.) If you only have one clan, it's your home clan. If you're lucky enough to have dual (or more!) citizenship, it's the first one that put you in the database, and for all other clans you'll need to use:

/msg warehouse23 admit your other clan name

It should be noted that you can use this to get back to your home clan as well - but who wants to type extra? If you want to change your home clan, well... message me and I'll do it by hand. I don't forsee this being too too popular. If it is, I'll automate it.

If you're an administrator in a clan (which right now defaults to clan leader and anyone that I know to have accept AND rank change privileges) you have access to a certain other list of commands:

/msg warehouse23 clan add player name

This puts that player on the list of people that will be admitted by the bot. Default rank is 'Normal Member' and default title is 'Sir Needs A Title'

/msg warehouse23 clan remove player name

This removes that player from the admit list. It does NOT boot them from the clan. The Warehouse23 bot will never boot anyone from your clan - and it doesn't need the power to do so, either. Note however that if you use this command on someone who is also a clan administrator, they will be able to re-add themselves - it does NOT remove them from the administrator list, as it is editable ONLY by me.

/msg warehouse23 clan title player name A Title Of Some Sort

If that player is a clan member, it changes the title the bot will set for them when they are next admitted. Player names and titles can BOTH have spaces in them. The bot attempts to be as smart as it can about this, but if you have two members, one of whom has a name that is a substring - i.e, 'Winston Churchill' and 'Winston' then you may experience problems. 'Hotpasta' and 'Hotstuff' are perfectly fine, though.

/msg warehouse23 clan rank player name RankNumber

Changes the rank the bot will set for that player on his/her next readmission. Normal Member is rank 0. The next one down on the list for your clan is rank 1, the next is 2, and so on. REMEMBER TO START COUNTING AT ZERO. Mistakes here are your problem, not mine.

/msg warehouse23 clan lockout

In the unfortunate event that you believe this bot has become a security liability to you or your clan, you can tell it not to let anyone in anymore. This will last until the next time I manually restart the bot - which means that I will read any message you send me before that happens. Messages that might say something like "We've decided to stop using your bot" or "I had to boot one of the people that's listed as an administrator, please remove him as an admin." This action will be logged and red-flagged, and if I don't hear from you as to why you did it, you can damn well bet your clan leader will be hearing from me. If you'd like to do something a little more reversible, you can just change the password on the clan doorman - but that requires you to know said password, which you might not.

The list of clan administrators is editable only by me. I will only edit it in response to a direct request (kmail is good) from the clan leader. If you promote or demote an existing admin, you'll need to tell me. Note again that booting someone from your clan will -not- remove them from the admin list, and they will be able to re-add themselves unless you use the lockout command. Hopefully the booting of a high-ranking member will be a rare event and this will not become a real problem for anyone.

Adding or removing a clan to the bot's list requires my personal attention, but once I'm on it, it shouldn't take too long (unless your clan is genuinely huge).

General questions can be posted here. If you want to join up, drop me a line privately - kmail or a PM here on W23 forums will do nicely.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:52 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:56 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:11 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:45 am
Posts: 185Location: Everywhere, always.Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:21 am

Offline Profile ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:13 am
W23's personality is beautiful, as seen below. I hope he/it/you visit the Villa often, even with the new duties.

Blackbeltduck: /msg Warehouse23 take your dirty hands off of chatbot, she's a nice girl
Warehouse23 logged on.
Blackbeltduck: uh oh...
Warehouse23: Hey... I'll put my hands wherever I damn well want.
balex2290: Usually in your pants?
ManyCritters: Uh oh
WidowMaker: i see w23 in villa for first time - welcome bot
Blackbeltduck: It has been here, it doesn't dance very well.
Warehouse23: I'm the size of a freakin' building, and you want me to dance? The words here are 'plate techtonics,' people.
WidowMaker dances with Warehouse23
Cybermg dances with Warehouse23
Blackbeltduck hides under desk at impending richter 7 earthquake
Warehouse23: Richter seven! Four, tops. Are you calling me fat?
ManyCritters: now look what you have done Ducky - you called the building fat
King Turtle: Make it cry!
adwriter: no w23, you are, er sturdy. yeah sturdy.
Charr: You're so big, I have to take a train and 2 buses to get on your good side.
PhilANThropiSt: Big boned.
Warehouse23 slaps Charr
Blackbeltduck watches charr fly across the continent
WidowMaker: w23 slap me -hic-

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:38 pm
Posts: 24Location: CornwallJoined: Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:37 pm

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:49 pm
Posts: 12Location: LondonJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:38 pm

Offline Profile