[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Warehouse23 • View topic - Winston Churchill retires

<  Old Guesthouse  ~  Winston Churchill retires

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:10 am
split from existing topic by admin

Well rather than start up my own thread I might as well jump in on this one; I'm retiring too.

It's been great clanning with you all; you're what makes this game special. Basically though I've got a busy period in real life looming and my enthusiasm for the actual game itself is gone (past the point where ascension is likely to make a difference). I'll pop by to say hello to you all once in awhile though :wink:

I've already de-clanned to Immanuel Kant's home and so far as I know all my loose ends are tied up or in the process of being tied up, I'll check messages here and in KoL itself for a little while to be on the safe side.

See you all about,

Paul

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:16 am
Gulbenkian RecidivistPosts: 508Location: Shillong, IndiaJoined: Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:26 am
Good luck Paul. We're sorry to see you leave. Hope we can catch up sometime.

P.S. Stick around till Lierne finishes our portrait at least.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:35 am
Sad to see you go friend :( PM now only has one meaning (sorry could not resist).

Winston, my very best to you in all things! Success and happiness!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:52 am
We'll miss you. If you ever have some time on a train, and can't turn your brain off or make it concentrate on what you want, and happen to write up chatbot robot wars, you know where to send it. :)

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:13 am
Posts: 871Location: Richmond, VAJoined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:34 am
Noooooooooo! Pooh, you can't leave! I'll miss you too much.

*runs off to sulk in a corner*

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:51 am
Posts: 323Location: NC, USAJoined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:11 pm
/cry heavily

You will certainly be missed Winston!! *hugs* and all the best to you wherever you land!

:cry:

"Mojojojo"
Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:56 am
Posts: 714Location: Inside the beltwayJoined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:18 pm
G'damnit, I hate goodbye threads...

Winston, you've been a helluva guide, statesman, clansmate and friend. I refuse to say farewell, as I hope to see you pop in every so often to see what those wacky kids have been up to while you've been out. But enjoy the "retirement", although it sounds doubtful that you'll be relaxing with golf and cruises, and know that your presence will be missed.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:45 am
Goodbye Winston, you've been a great clan-mate and I'm sorry to see you go. Please do drop in from time to time! :(

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:56 am
Posts: 299Location: Cape Town, South AfricaJoined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:08 am
Dropping like flies! Oh no! Sad to see you go =(

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:09 pm
Posts: 185Location: Everywhere, always.Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:21 am
Oh, Winston... I'll miss you. :(

Offline Profile ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:18 pm
Paul,

You will certainly be missed here as well, but I understand what you are saying about real life commitments. Try not to be a stranger though - how else will I be able to tell you the little one when he comes?

*hugs*

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:08 pm
Posts: 218Location: Cape Town, South Africa (where God smoked a doobie on the eigth day)Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:35 am
Greetings Winston

I am really bad at these kinds of messages. In the short time I have known you, we have been adversaries, allies, friends and then clan mates. In each of these different phases you have been a gentleman, and a .

I will miss you, and everything you bring to our clan.

I feel I am being short changed... I joined just as everyone is leaving. The ebb and tide of this game is taking it's toll, and I am not at all happy about the cost.

You will be missed, but never forgotten. And you will always have a home, when you return.

oh... andkanihvyrstuffplzokthxbi

;-)

Last edited by ShadowsLight on Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:55 pm
Posts: 185Location: Everywhere, always.Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:21 am

Offline Profile ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:37 am
Posts: 83Location: Grover Beach, CAJoined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:38 pm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:17 am
And into that great sunset Winston walks and it brings tears to all of KoL to see his leaving, but they all know in their hearts that he is with them and one day he will return.

Goodbye Winston Churchill, how you will forever missed

Offline Profile