<  Old Guesthouse  ~  Loathing Series of Poker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:26 am
Crovax wanted me to make sure W23 knew about this - and I'm making sure everyone knows about this, so I'm putting it here. There are still spots open, and if you play poker (or do math) with any seriousness, you'll recognize that the 25k you're putting up * 64 entrants << the prize pool... :)

http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/vie ... hp?t=41077

(text copied)

Welcome, one and all, to the inaugural event of the Loathing Series of Poker - your premiere source for competitive tournament poker. Meat, fame, and the coveted (*snicker*) LSoP bracelets - yeah, I know they're just porquoise bracelets, but they're SPECIAL bracelets - are all there for the taking, if the cards fall your way, you know when to hold them, and you know when to fold them.

The first event of the season is a game known (and played) by many - No Limit Texas hold 'em. This is a 64-seat tournament , with a 25,000 meat buyin - all meat acquired through these fees are made part of the final prize pool. (For those in Hardcore, payment can be deferred until you are able to get at your meat.)

The games will have $25 and $50 blinds, with a buyin of $5000. Seating will be determined through a random number generator. It shall take place at www.poker.com. At the final table, players will bring chips won at their previous table. Prizes will be awarded based on the order of elimination from the final table. The tournament shall commence at 9pm EST on Saturday, September 17th.

The prizes are as follows:
8th: 250,000 meat
7th: 375,000 meat
6th: 500,000 meat
5th: 750,000 meat
4th: 1,000,000 meat
3rd: 1,500,000 meat
2nd: 2,500,000 meat
1st: 5,000,000 meat + Porquoise Bracelet

Each table will be monitored by an employee of the Loathing Series of Poker. If they find something suspicious or harmful about your play or conduct, you will be warned. If this activity continues, you will be ejected from the tournament, and your entry fee will not be refunded.

http://www.pokercs.com/rules_texas_holdem.html <-- The rules of Texas Hold 'Em, if you need them.

Please send a kmail to Crovax1234 (#123388) if you are interested in participating - I will let you know whether there is a seat available for you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:04 am
Posts: 299Location: Cape Town, South AfricaJoined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:08 am
I'm guessing that the meat discrepancy is because all the online poker sites (even on the free games) have a rake in place.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:33 am
Starts at 2AM, only runs on windows, and I've never played no-limit. Other than that I might be game.

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:54 pm
Posts: 871Location: Richmond, VAJoined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:34 am
Synkronos wrote:
I'm guessing that the meat discrepancy is because all the online poker sites (even on the free games) have a rake in place.

Other way love, other way. The total of all prizes (excluding the bracelet) is 11,875,000 meat. Twenty-five k per person times 64 people is 1,600,000. Great deal for the players.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:46 am
omg! Wow! How cool. And how unexpected ^_^

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:39 am
Synkronos wrote:

Also untrue. Most sites (that I've seen anyhow) don't rake free play. pokerroom.com does, and I think they're really dumb for it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:21 am
Okay. I think I've only used pokerroom =) So maybe 'all' was a little strong there

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:19 pm
I really must learn how to use these "online poker" things one day...

Apart from it being horrendously early in the morning, I'm also out of town all weekend, so I'll be giving this one a miss ;)