[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Warehouse23 • View topic - Webcomics

<  The Floating Log  ~  Webcomics

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:20 am
Inhuman ResourcesPosts: 112Location: Yakima, WashingtonJoined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:35 pm
What all webcomics have you been reading? Pretty much I'm just reading and . Sometimes I read .. but I guess that would depend on the content of the day. What should I be reading. I will judge you on your suggestions, but don't let that hold you back.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:02 am
Posts: 22Location: The Midwest US. Pity me.Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:56 am
Let's see...

Not to be read if you're easily squicked or wouldn't find sexual humor funny. Often VERY outside the lines of decency.

Comic about geeks at a gaming magazine.

It's... it's-- read it. Doesn't so much have a 'story'. Just damned funny.

Most everyone's heard of Something Positive by now it seems. There's a REASON.

Comic about a fantasy roleplaying chatroom. Fuuuunny.

You'll catch on to what the cool thing about this comic is by the second strip. ;)

It's our favorite serial killer, Butch!

If you liked Brunching Shuttlecocks then you'll like this. If you didn't like Brunching, you're a doof, and you'll still like this.

8-bit Theatre. It's the sprites from FF1, put into comic form. Hi-larious and whatnot. :)

I had a few others I read, but I've lost the links.

In particular I remember one with a K beginning the name with a half-demon and a chick in a Nazi uniform, a hitwoman and her kidnapped subby schoolgirl... anyone help me out there?

Offline Profile WWW ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:00 am
Gulbenkian RecidivistPosts: 508Location: Shillong, IndiaJoined: Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:26 am
is particularly good.

-,--,-

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:42 am
Posts: 185Location: Everywhere, always.Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:21 am
Well, to avoid doubling up ones that've already been mentioned... (Which is most of them--you freaks)...

http://www.questionablecontent.net/ It's the indiest.

http://www.redmeat.com/redmeat/ So... bizarre.

http://thedevilspanties.keenspace.com/ I secretly think this comic sort of sucks, but I read it every day anyway--so you should, too!

http://www.megatokyo.com/ I will die alone.

Offline Profile ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:44 am
Safety InspectorPosts: 415Location: Boston, MA (US)Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:28 am
makes me laugh on occasion.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:49 am
Posts: 65Location: MontrealJoined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:39 pm
The outlandish brilliance of Redmeat cannot be fully put to words. Doonesbury is the only other comic I regularly peruse online.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:03 pm
Inhuman ResourcesPosts: 112Location: Yakima, WashingtonJoined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:35 pm
I'd forgotten about SexyLosers entirely.. damn. Thank you for the sites. I need to add these to my bookmarks...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:23 pm
I Havn't bothered putting in URL's for one's already mentioned;

Check almost daily:

Something Positive
Scary Go Round
Wigu
Sam and Fuzzy
Bruno
Little Dee

Check Quite a Lot

Quantz
Boy On A Stick...
A Softer World
Orneryboy

Check

Electric Sheep ( If only he updated more...)
Scott McCloud
Demain5

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:27 pm
Another one I like is . Not exactly like a regular web comic, but genius.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:04 pm
PlutocratPosts: 994Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:25 pm

Last edited by Fusilliban on Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:17 am
Posts: 11Location: New ZealandJoined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:32 am
i am addicted to

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:46 am
Posts: 871Location: Richmond, VAJoined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:34 am
And just to show my yuppyness...

It's a huge collection of political cartoons.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:09 am
As long as we've broken the topic of political cartoons, I enjoy reading these when they are updated (which is not very often): http://www.mnftiu.cc/mnftiu.cc/war41.html

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:39 am
Posts: 22Location: The Midwest US. Pity me.Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:56 am
Yay! I finally got my memory jogged as to what the 'K' comic with the Nazi-dressing chick and hitwoman and demon gal is:

Krakow!

Offline Profile WWW ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:26 am
Ruthless LeaderPosts: 163Location: Warehouse 23Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:00 pm
A lot of the comics I read have already been covered - I'm all about the Achewood and 8-Bit Theater, lately.

However, this was missed:
. This hasn't been updated in an age, but the existing strips are great - I really like Utnapishtam and Ishtar in it. :)