[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Warehouse23 • View topic - 11 Questions

<  The Floating Log  ~  11 Questions

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:49 am
Stolen from another forum and livejournal shamelessly:
http://strangeleaflet.livejournal.com/

1. How did you first discover the Kingdom of Loathing?

2. What is your signature character class?

3. What has been your greatest accomplishment so far?

4. What, if anything, has blown up in your face?

5. What has been your most ambitious project to date?

6. What aspect of KoL has thwarted you at every turn?

7. What is the one thing you would change about KoL if you could?

8. What is your favorite joke or reference in KoL?

9. What brings you back to KoL night after night?

10. How long do you think you will keep playing?

11. You get to have a Jick-made custom item. What is it?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:50 am
Tiny fluffy. I have never had to find another life-sucking, time-wasting activity since then. Thank you KoL!

Turtle tamer! Oooooo

I've made both TedPro and Mr. Skullhead drink a salty slug. Well, it was a salty canned escargot in gin, but...hey.

Hehe. So many many things. My foot's in my mouth more often than it's on the ground.

The newbie comics with Tavernwench, madcowchef and W23!

Under 1000 turn ascensions. (Not that I'm trying...hehehe.)

Everything (even the gift shop items) could be bought with meat from Hagnk's.

Chorizo brownies

Really the chat. And ocd.

Sadly it's dwindling down and may die a horrific death at the end of the year. *tear*

Either a black belt or a newt.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:25 am
Posts: 299Location: Cape Town, South AfricaJoined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:08 am
Through a bunch of varsity friends, including Vultar and ShadowsLight

Pasta for life, baby

My contribution to ColdFront, despite it slipping up a lot lately

Nothing, really. I've had a pretty good time of it here ;)

I don't really do projects per se. I just... go with the flow, and drift towards my goals. Although, 2x 3-Tiered cake in a day was pretty cool =)

Nothing! I am the champion! See previous answer

The community. Purge and cleanse

OCD. And the people =)

ForEVAR

Er... some custom booze item that can actually be drunk. I wanna _drink_ my damn Otorian Battle Scar =`( Damn you!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:26 pm
Some friends from another online forum posted a thread about it, and I got curious. Didn't get hooked right away, but once I did that was it.

Sauceror, though I've found that I liked Seal Clubber a lot since ascension as well.

Hm, not sure I have really accomplished a whole lot so far - mostly just enjoyed the game and community.

Probably poor market investments, LOL. I learned my lesson and just don't do short-term investments anymore. Oh, that and seeming to have a knack for auto-selling large amounts of things just before they suddenly become valuable (I must have sold several thousand cocoa egg fragments the same week the LSE was implemented, and I hesitated putting my extra Hey Deze maps into the mall just one night before that became impossible to do, and the ones that were in the mall skyrocketed. And other things along those same lines).

I'd say working on the history updates here. Not sure if that'd be termed ambitious, but it's probably the largest in scope of things that I've done up to now.

Besides bad investments, I'd have to say the Friar's Gate. Don't ever seem to get any RNG love there at all.

Well, up to a couple of weeks ago, I'd have said the lack of ability to change your email address. But now that you are able to do that, I'm not sure what else I'd change.

You mean I have to choose?!? :shock:

Probably my top five would be (in no particular order), the Knight in White Satin for the Moody Blues reference, the Leaflet for both the Zork and Ender's Game references, the elves for the Office Space references, and the Singing Tree and Toy Soldier for cleverly juxtaposing both old and new (or old and older, LOL) song references.

Primarily, the people. Without the community, I'd probably have lost interest once I'd seen and done everything in the game a couple of times.

I'm kind of surprised I still am, actually. Not because there's anything not to like about KoL, but because I don't tend to stay interested in any one thing to this level for this long, even when it's this interesting and fun overall. My hobbies tend to run in six- to nine-month cycles, but KoL has outlasted that and I don't see my interest waning anytime soon, if ever.

Hm, never really thought about it. Maybe a crystal gazing ball of some kind. Given my answer to question four, I think I might need one... :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:03 pm
Couple of friends from another site posted about it, I joined and eventually became hooked.

Dotts was originally a Turtle Tamer, woohoo!

Pop Goes The Loathing was a crackpot idea that ended up winning Skully's contest. Loved every minute of working with friends on it and won myself a couple Mr. A's in the process.

Mr. Store items. When I first started, I could have gotten a crimbo elfling, baby yeti and so on. I got two Juniors instead.

Probably taking the helm of Coldfront.

Market speculation. I do okay with investments, I buy stuff and let it sit, but I'm terrible at when to sell these items.

I'd like the Gift shop to keep getting even more items, personally.

I love the few Dark Tower references(and that is the truth) but my absolute favorite is probably the Valley in general.

Community + Contest = Me coming back again and again.

I doubt I will put the game down until I have full Plexiglass and Stainless Steel as well all skills, even then it would require me becoming bored of my friends in the game. Fairly OCD about it all.

Never really thought about it, but something to do with polka. (Polka-Dotts, hah.)

@Pastaroni: Sure, iffin' you're wanting mine.

Last edited by Dotts on Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

The sun is total and burning and just right there, and today is a beautiful day.
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:44 pm
Posts: 871Location: Richmond, VAJoined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:34 am
A mailing list I'm on, DaP, had someone mention it. Weirder is that people I met at camp when I was 13 know people who are now in my clan. Weird.

Sauceror. And contrary to popular belief, HotPasta actually refers to a sauce. So yeah, it's right.

Hitting 2000 in all stats.

Some bartenders-in-the-box?

*censored due to seeeekret content*

The fact that Jick keeps putting in familars you can only get after ascending. Bastage.

I could get those ascention familiars with out ascending. Bastage.

Oh god. There's just so many! My current favorite however is the March Hare. Omg. <3

My peeps. Clan chat. The fun in /trade.

As long as it keeps being fun. Since the fun is mostly due to my lovely lovely clannies, I expect that to be a while

A banhammer. I want that. Sooooo bad.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:56 pm
Posts: 714Location: Inside the beltwayJoined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:18 pm
BBSpot - he puts up daily links, and KoL was one of them. A bunch of us checked it out, and a few (Borax, Turing, Slashor and I, as far as I know) are still going strong.

Disco Bandit, although I've found that Seal Clubbers rock as well. :)

Hmm... Hitting 200,000 Tasty Fun Good Rice Candies was amazing. However, purchasing my first in-game Mr. Accessory shortly after Black Sunday and without the direct benefit of all that bugmeat was my proudest - raised over 80M meat via /trade and the mall.

I speculated heavily in pickles and brine after the second Pickle Factory arrived. Shortly afterward, pickles got duped by the thousands. Meh.

The Clan Warfare upgrade. Even if it never gets implemented, it was a blast to do, and I got to work with some great folks.

The damned bugbear trophy - I keep getting the gingerbread bugbear instead.

Ummm, clan warfare? *innocent look* (tm)

I still crack up over the 1335 haxz0r. :D

The new content, the great community, and an awesome clan.

As long as I can - it remains fun and interesting, and does a great job of providing accomplishments to feel happy about. I'll probably quit when they pry my keyboard from my cold, dead hands.

Hmm. I'd probably say a candy-o-copia. Who wants something that keeps disgorging vegetables and healthy foods? This things keeps spilling out Mr. Mediocre bars and rice candies every day. :D

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:38 pm
A post in the Puzzle Pirates off-topic boards.

Disco Bandit.

Dunno. I've done a lot of little crap.

Chat modding. Among other things, but hey.

The Loading Dock.

Becoming an economic powerhouse. I've always been an okay trader, but an also-ran. I want to be able to flick my finger and say "Gimme" on a whim, without a second thought.

Blah. Tard removal would be nice, but that's true in all communities. I'd like to be able to play the mall in HC; I despise multis. I'd like my ideas to be taken seriously, and even if they suck to know that.

Haha, my memory for this is so fickle. I'm rather fond of the ice sickle and the engineer in the cola wars though. Also the wheel in the clouds in the sky.

Cool people. Also OCD.

Until I don't anymore. Seriously, I have no idea how to answer that question. I tend to leave games because I'm out of goals or interest. Since I want all the HP skills, a while.

I haven't a clue. I occasionally think of cool ideas, but they're all for other people. I have been lusting after the banhammer Hotpasta mentioned for a long time, though.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:52 am
I think I saw a review of it on another site and was promised pop culture humor with minimum gamer knowledge needed. I knew it was for me.

Accordian Thief all the way.

I like doing Heart-y things, so clan projects, being a Mod, and helping to organize a large meet are all highlights to me.

I fail at playing the market. Utterly fail.

Working on revitalizing /c newbie
Poor newbie, such the scapegoat of the chat family.

Did I mention the market? I did? Ok then, I also suck at understanding game mechanics.

More in game instruction. I love the Toot stuff.

I have always liked the text for the flock of stab bats, and the BASIC elemental makes me giggle because it is the only computer joke I get!

The people, the community.

How long do I have?

A Frosty Beer mug that works like a mini Ode to Booze when equipped, but I would rather it was dropped in the tavern so everyone could have it. He could make it come from the TavernWench ;) OOh! it would make hardcore easier :P

Last edited by TavernWench on Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:22 pm
Well, dammit. I'm stealing back! :D

Read the Kingdom's first webzine for players!
Interviews with all your favorite players brought to you
by the League of Etymology!
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:03 am
Posts: 158Location: Yakima, WAJoined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:35 am
My IRL gaming group wouldn't shut up about it, so I joined to participate in conversations. =)

Probably Disco Bandit, as that's my original, and in my custom avatar, but I feel more personal affinity with a Seal Clubber, nowadays.

I briefly had the most complete collection of booze in the entire Kingdom. (*shakes fist in mock rage at HoS*)

What hasn't? =)

The booze collection. Probably. I don't do -truly- ambitious projects, really.

Pretty much the booze collection again. Anything else I either wait, and eventually get, or don't want, etc.

I dunno. Right now, it seems alright by me.

Right now? Fake Hand. Hot Damn I loves me some Fake Hand. =)

People mainly. Also obsession, compulsion, and disorder. =)

I probably won't stop before it does.

11. You get to have a Jick-made custom item. What is it?[/quote]
A straitjacket with Moth wings. That sounds hella cool. =)

Offline Profile ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:42 pm

Read the Kingdom's first webzine for players!
Interviews with all your favorite players brought to you
by the League of Etymology!
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 185Location: Everywhere, always.Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:21 am

Offline Profile ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:20 am
Posts: 47Location: Kingdom of LothianJoined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:05 am
The now sadly defunct Little Fluffy Industries.

Pastamancer - I likes to cookz, likes to eatz!

In KoL, completeing my chowm ein project just before ascension rolled out for my clan (I cooked somewhere around 5000 chow meins for the stash).

IRL, keeping my son alive for nearly three years striaght.

Less "blown up" and more "fizzled"... I have a KoL-themed comic script I wrote that I have been trying to get drawn by a clanmate for almost 6 months now. It is currently with artist #3.

See chow meins above.

Spading. I suck at it, as much as one can possibly suck at it. And a bit more.

Make the tattos work like familiars, i.e. display one in your profile screen, allow people to click it and see the rest of your ink, diable that ability if desired.

Effect: Beaten up - "You have had the crap beaten out of you. You're going to need more crap."

The humour, the gameplay, and the peeps.

Until I die, baby. Until I die.

A familiar who is a smaller version of me. I would name him the Danieling, and he would block attacks by telling the monster stories about ducks and fireworks.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:22 am
W_Nightshade is related to me in a screwed up, hes older than my wife, but i think hes my nephew, kind of way. Over dinner one day asked, "You want to start playing a game thats more addictive than crack cocaine?" I havent talked to my wife since..

I would have to say Seal Clubber nowadays...love the skills.

Patron of the Arts i would have to say...A lot of great art for a lot of people...

Patron of the Arts i would have to say...never underestimate how lazy artists are.

See above.

I cant fit everything that stymies me into this post. Thank god for Mr. Mags

nonsensical bickering about anything new. Reading "this ruins HC" makes me throw up a little in my mouth.

Not really a joke...but i love the NPZR...i love it alot.

My clan...I love the people ive met.

As long as my wife doesnt find out how much i donate each month, forever.

Mspelled Dictionary.

Offline Profile