[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Warehouse23 • View topic - What's your handle mean?

<  Old Guesthouse  ~  What's your handle mean?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:25 am
Posts: 63Location: Cincinnati, OHJoined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:16 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:39 pm
Posts: 218Location: Cape Town, South Africa (where God smoked a doobie on the eigth day)Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:35 am
Greetings

OK... mine has a it of a story. My normal nick used to be Morpheus... which I started using about 4 years BEFORE the Matrix ever came out because I got it from Neil Gaiman's Sandman comic book series.

And I became known on a certain IRC server as Morpheus.

I then started hanging out with a society of roleplayers that all lived in Cape Town, but chatted online while we were all at work. They were on a different server to begin with, so when I went over to the new server, the nick Morpheus had already been taken.

So I used the name of one of my most favourite Ars Magica characters, ShadowsLight, as my nick (and my Wiki ID, as they also run a wiki site). Then the channel moved over to my original server, but since they all knew me as ShadowsLight, I kept the nick.

I am now in the slow process of converting ALL my Morpheus IDs to ShadowsLight IDs (ie I have two gmail accounts, etc).

I originally called the character ShadowsLight, as he was born as an experiment of his father's, who was a diabolist. he was not so much as "concieved", as "created". He was a pure being, being neither good nor evil... he was the Light to his father's evil, or Shadow.

He was a cool character, and I never got to play him... but I guess I get to here

So... that's my story

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:09 am
Posts: 22Location: The Midwest US. Pity me.Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:56 am

Offline Profile WWW ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:45 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:50 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:02 am
Posts: 10Location: Brisbane, AustraliaJoined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:50 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:37 pm
Posts: 4Location: Some shitty town in PennsylvaniaJoined: Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:20 am

Ya, I know I spelled the name wrong.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:04 pm
Posts: 21Location: At the VFW barJoined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:21 pm
My charactors name is sgt911.

The sgt is from my military rank (I'm an active duty Army Sgt)

and 911...

well, I'm from New York City, so it's sort of self explainatory. It's a date I don't want people to forget

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:22 am
Posts: 2Location: VirginiaJoined: Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:20 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:18 am
Posts: 323Location: NC, USAJoined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:11 pm

"Mojojojo"
Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:28 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:11 am
Posts: 24Location: CornwallJoined: Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:37 pm
Hey, I'm Sambob182

My name comes in three parts, the first Sam is my real name! The second part bob comes from my brother who always used to call me Sambob for some strange reason :S and the third 182 comes from the band "Blink 182" which i used to be a good fan of, but not so much anymore :roll:

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:16 am
Posts: 714Location: Inside the beltwayJoined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:18 pm
Lessee... Prior to this, I was playing fairly regularly at a MUD as a thief named Blythe. The name had come to me much earlier as good name for a female thief - recognizable, yet not common, and it just seemed just edgy enough to be rogue-like. I don't know, I just liked the name. So, in any case, I proceeded to set up the female character, and away I went. Next thing you know, I get hit upon by dozens of desparate guys, thinking I'm actually female. :P After the initial thoughts of, "You have got to be kidding me...", I basically told all the askers that I had no interests whatsoever and to kindly bug off so that I could play the game. In the meantime, I shared the messages with another friend who played, and we laughed our asses off. It was truly sad yet funny - I played the game in character as a female, but when people asked if I was a guy or gal, I always responded, "What do you think?" and left it at that. I think only a couple people figured it out. Which is all the more sad for me, I suppose. ;)

The one interesting thing I found - females tend to get a lot more information dumped on them than guys. A number of times I had to play the role of mentor/therapist to some of the other players, whereas I'm not so sure the same thing would've occured if they believed I was a male. That said, when I came to KoL I figured I still liked the name, but I'd had enough of the online intrigue. And thus, you've got Blythe - still a rogueish Disco Bandit, but now wearing pants.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:07 pm

Offline Profile