[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Warehouse23 • View topic - Meat Market Tips (lookin for some)

<  Old Guesthouse  ~  Meat Market Tips (lookin for some)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:59 pm
Alright, I have like 6 million meat

The only way it seems i can make meat is by selling one of my Mr. As, but I wanted to buy another from the mall to trade in for a golden mr a - but im 14, and I really cant spare any more money (ive already donated $60 - sold one [a long time ago - but i used my meat for charity] and the other was for a friend, so i have 4)... mr a market is weird - i sold my Mr. A a few weeks ago for 28 mil, now they are only 16-18

anyways my point was, I know lots of the WH23 guys, especially Boozer =), have pretty decent amounts of meat, and I was wonderin how u got it

im aware that Boozer gets lots of the rare or 'not yet in game' items, and probably has the spare money to donate and sell mr as

if u do have any tips for what i should sell or save, lemme know

note: im savin all my crimbo stuff (stocking, pressies, dreidl, etc) just incase, like last year, the stuff ends up selling for tons more later on (like wrappin paper + crimbo duds)

but yea if u have any tips plz share em with me =)

btw Boozer I live off yur extra-spicy bloody mary prices - i always buy my daily 7 :D

(feel free to contact me on AIM if u want, just lemme know who u are)

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:47 pm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:01 pm
Well there were really only around 130k accounts at Christmas, so there's your max - plus some of those with stockings will be deleted because of inactivity. Who knows what that really leaves us with as a total.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:32 pm

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:01 pm

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:26 pm
Ruthless LeaderPosts: 413Location: Fairhope, ALJoined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:49 pm

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:06 pm

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:54 pm
Posts: 218Location: Cape Town, South Africa (where God smoked a doobie on the eigth day)Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:35 am

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:46 am
Excellence, ShadowsLight. Not only was that a humerous story, but so true :P

8)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:20 pm
I think the fact an equivalent of an Icy peak doesn't exist is still a large factor. To make 1 million meat without making it from another player takes many months and so for this reason prices will never rise much (if at all). Biao's and other rare items will continue to fall under Boozers under cutting and desperate owners wanting to cash in. But with no new source of meat and millions now going to the Hall of legends and other locations prices will still fall.

The best investment is in mafia stuff as with only 13-14 owners undercutting or low selling is unlikely to happen for a long time and post ascension they will be a big status symbol. Think of it like a crimbo present but with less than a handful given (+ they have a use).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:44 am
Posts: 218Location: Cape Town, South Africa (where God smoked a doobie on the eigth day)Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:35 am
Greetings

Indeed. Also, the Meat Vortices have been kinda nerfed. I collected over 30000 meat vortices. So one day I decided to actually take a few of them out and go to the new Icy Peak (with the restored yetis). For the first 20 or so, they worked exactly as they used to.... after that they ALL gave amounts less than autosale price of the meat vortex.

I used to do the following trick, in the good ol' days before Black Sunday:
I was at a level where the yetis could not touch me because my moxie was high, and, with the right effects on, I was weak enough not to kill them in my first attack. So, I would go to the peak with my Leprechaun, Empathy and a Polka song in my head, attack my first yeti, then keep throwing meat vortices at him (you had to count, because if you had not won the fight by 30 tries, it ends the combat) until I had thrown 29 at it, and then I'd attack it to kill it and get my stats, and large pile of meat at the end of the fight. I could often score around 10000 meat per fight. I'd then go to the orc chasm to farm for 29 more vortices, and if I got them with an adventure left, I would then go back to the peak for another 10000 meat. And then I'd sell the 334 scrolls.

When I got to a level so high that I kept killing the yetis on my first attack regardless of what I tried, I then manipulated the Vortex market and kept their price at a constant 105 meat... I made less meat, but used no adventures.

Good times... good times...

Then I got stuck with hundreds of them when Black Sunday hit, and Jick totally nerfed them to the point where they gave you no meat at all (and just the day before they gave you infinite meat). So I started collecting them... I had 3000 of them at 666 meat each when Dapaper bought them up for "his" collection. So I started collecting them again, and got up to another 2000 when they were bought up again for 1337 each. I made more meat from meat vortices from collectors than I had ever made with them in their intended use.

So yeah... the old "easy" ways are gone...

Best access to large wads of meat these days is finding a rare. Or you need to slog through the mall and play the market like a Shylock.

Or win a RKoL contest... that's another good way.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:20 am
Inhuman ResourcesPosts: 388Location: The MonasteryJoined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:18 pm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:19 pm
hehehe... I know that NOW...

I had never used a wussiness potion until I used it on a quest... and I only did that quest when I was level 16 or so...

It was actually when I started PvP'ing seriously, and went out and tested every item in the game that to see if it could possibly give me a bonus, that i really discovered it's effect. And then soft green'ed it away almost immediately.

;-)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:09 pm

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:09 pm