[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Warehouse23 • View topic - What makes a clan a good clan?

<  Old Guesthouse  ~  What makes a clan a good clan?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:46 pm
I have great respect for many of the players who participate in this forum. And I know pretty much why I think well of them -- the things they've done, the manner in which they've done them. But I don't know much of anything about the clans they populate. And I realize that different players will value different things in a clan. So I ask -- in hopes of many different kinds of answers -- what is it that makes a clan good? Abstractly, but in particulars (that is, specific things that clans have done), too, if I may be so demanding. What do good clans do, that make them good clans?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:59 pm
PlutocratPosts: 994Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:25 pm
The people in them.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:34 am
Posts: 714Location: Inside the beltwayJoined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:18 pm
To add to that... I think the good clans are those with active membership. You can have a clan that's full of terrific people, but if they don't have cause to interact, the clan will be boring and, eventually, dead. The realy good clans have great leadership and common cause - they have activities that bond the members together, their clan channel has active conversations, etc. What the clan actually does is actually secondary... as is the size, overall power, and all the other trappings. Find a clan that has an active member base, and you'll see a good clan.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:57 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:30 pm
Posts: 871Location: Richmond, VAJoined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:34 am

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:02 pm

Last edited by Thisguy on Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:56 pm

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:15 am

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:49 am

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:27 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:15 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:15 am
My apologies - I was thinking more in the abstract rather than what I personally look for. I'm an eclecticaraian, so I like having a wide variety of projects to choose from and participate in. Fortunately for me, Warehouse 23 has all that and more. For example, we're currently doing one where everyone This portion of this post violates Section 207.5b of Warehouse 23 policies and has therefore been removed from the public record. Further violations could result in fines, jail time, or decapitation via wet pasta. Message code 123.11.52.84, which should hopefully result in a platypus. :D I'm pretty excited about it!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:48 pm
Ruthless LeaderPosts: 413Location: Fairhope, ALJoined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:49 pm

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:03 am
Posts: 12Location: LondonJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:38 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:18 am

Offline Profile YIM