[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Warehouse23 • View topic - KoL Cookbook

<  The Floating Log  ~  KoL Cookbook

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:43 am
Posts: 871Location: Richmond, VAJoined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:34 am

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:13 am
Posts: 871Location: Richmond, VAJoined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:34 am
Hot Pasta (aka: Penne Alla Vodka)

1 lb pasta (spaghetti is bad for this, you need something sauce can get cought in, like penne, rigatoni, or shells... try all sorts of cool fun shapes)
3 small (8oz) cans tomato sauce
1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream
dried minced garlic
dried minced parsley
vodka sauce

In a small sauce pan, combine tomato sauce, garlic, and parsley. Add around 1 tsp vodka sauce. Stir well, and taste. You want the sauce to be just a fraction spicier than you'd like it to end up (the cream will later cut the hotness). Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally. Prepare pasta per package directions. Strain, dump back in pot. Remove sauce from heat, add heavy cream, stir, dump over pasta, stir well. Serve with grated cheese and maybe some garlic bread.

Vodka Sauce

Vodka (don't waste the good stuff, go for that cheap stuff that you wouldn't actually drink)
Crushed Red Pepper

First, find a good container. Small (1-3 oz), with a REALLY well fitting lid. Things like those little tupperware containers, babyfood jars, etc. Remember, TIGHT FITTING LID. Fill the container 1/3 to 1/2 with crushed red pepper. Fill the rest of the way with vodka. Cover. Shake. Let sit. This can be made way in advance, as it keeps forever in the fridge. When the vodka turns somewhere in the red/brown family, strain out the peppers, keep the liquid, dump the solid. Now, for the warning phase.... this stuff is basically pepper spray, as it's pepper oil in an alcohol base. Always wash your hands very carefully after contact because it hurts like holy hell if you get some in your eyes (or in a cut, or pretty much anywhere). Also, it's rather ultra concentrated, so a little goes a LONG way.

Last edited by Hotpasta on Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:17 pm
I bet mushrooms would be good in that pasta. But ill try that tonight, i have the ingredients. I adventured at the store yesterday.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:55 am

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:32 pm
Posts: 71Location: It's up in the air right nowJoined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:11 pm

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:27 am
Recently I've been eating... sausage chow mein! A packet of chow-mein flavoured ramen, together with some microwaved Lincolnshire sausages, cut up and mixed in. All in all takes about 5 minutes to put together.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:57 am
Posts: 39Location: Glasgow, ScotlandJoined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:36 pm
Just as long as it's not KNOB sausage chow mein, Jez, that's okay :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:22 pm
MMMMMmmmmm..... This are getting better everytime.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:49 am
Posts: 16Location: ohio :(Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:12 am
My old standby when I first started playing was boneless chicken breasts, covered in a mixture of frank's red hot and hidden valley ranch and thrown on the foreman grill. Make a bunch extra of the sauce and keep putting it on as it cooks.

Makes the grill a pain to clean, but is delicious!

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:52 am
Posts: 50Location: On the torch.Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:52 am
MMMmmmmMMMmmmMMM

Dang nab it, now I'm hungry.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:12 pm
Posts: 16Location: ohio :(Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:12 am
actually there was a while where that ranch and red-hot mixture was tried on anything me or my roomate ate.

Once while drunk he decided to do a shot of it....didnt end well.

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:55 am
Lieks Him Some Dark BladePosts: 226Location: Minneapolis, MNJoined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:24 am
Banana Walnut Stuffed French Toast.

You'll need:

1) loaf of un-sliced bread
2) bananas
3) chopped walnuts
4) brown sugar
6) corn flakes
5) french toast mix (substituting milk with vanilla soy milk is incredible)

Cut the slices of bread 2x as thick as normal. With a knife cut a slit in the side of the bread (enough to get your ingredients into without them flopping back out) Add banana slices and some brown sugar. dip the stuffed bread into the egg mix then into the corn flakes. Either cook on low heat in a pan or put them on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 (flip once). They are thick so it'll take some time.

The brown sugar will make them pretty sweet, so beware of how much syrup you use. I'd also suggest that instead of using maple syrup, you can use a strawberry syrup.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:51 pm

1) Buy wrong cake mix. Any mix will do, who cares about the founation when your castle is supposed to be among the skies?
2) Make cake. Do something else while it's baking, something really distracting like feeding newts or playing koL.
3) Realize it's angel food cake, which SUCKS as a foundation cake. Cut burnt edges off and feed to dog/boy/grad student nearby.
4) Cake, who needs cake? We just need frosting! Buttercream frosting: two sticks of butter, a ton of powdered sugar, a spoonful of vanilla extract, 3 spoonful of milk (preferrably the whole stuff, not the crappy nonfat stuff. Hey, you've got TWO STICKS OF BUTTER, let's not skimp on the fat in the milk.)
5) Frosted into subservience of a square. (This one is a 2 layer cake with apricot filling). Roll out fondant, drape carefully over cake.
6) Decorate as desired.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:02 pm
Lieks Him Some Dark BladePosts: 226Location: Minneapolis, MNJoined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:24 am
Best Bloody Mary Mix EVER

Pinch of Celery Salt
Pinch of fresh ground black pepper
1/4 wedge lime juice
Splash of Pickle juice
2tsp Worcestershire sauce
Sriracha (the stuff with a green top)(to desired hotness)
Tabasco Sauce (to desired hotness)
1/3 Clamato Juice (Clam/Tomato)
2/3 Tomato Juice
Vodka (to taste)

Shake it to hell and back

Garnish with a beef stick or celery stick...or both.

All measurements are for a standard shaker.

I usually add the Clamato juice to taste which is a bit less than 1/3.

Last edited by mojomadness on Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:57 am
Posts: 47Location: Kingdom of LothianJoined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:05 am
Excerpt from Failed Slogans (from a very, very old copy of National Lampoon magazine...)

Clamato®: The Drink That Tastes Like Pussy!